Ocunox is an eye ointment that helps improve the tear film as well as protect the surface of the eye. The ointment is preservative and phosphate free. This ointment improves the tear film and protects the surface of the eye with optimal moisturisation overnight. Ocunox contains Vitamin A, a natural component of the tear film, that helps the integrity of the tear film.
Only use Ocunox if the sealing ring of the tube is intact. Eye ointments should be used by avoiding any contact between the tube-tip and the eye or the skin.
- Unscrew the cap covering the nozzle.
- Tilt back your head a little, then slightly retract the lower eyelid from the eye.
- Apply a slight pressure to the tube to squeeze a small amount of ointment into the conjunctival sac.
- Slowly close the eye. Close the tube carefully after use.
- Do not fold or coil up the tube. A tube of Ocunox should not be shared. Store at room temperature (15 to 25 °C)
“Preservative free ointment with Vitamin A. This ointment is ideal for dry eye symptoms or those with Vitamin A deficiency. Vitamin A is an essential micronutrient necessary for proper vision and ocular health. It is important for the proper functionality of goblet cells, which use Vitamin A to create the mucus layer of the tear film; this increases the integrity of the tear film. Ocunox is a great ointment for improving and protecting the ocular surface by providing moisture overnight.”