30 Aug SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT YOUR EYES
Posted at 11:36h in News
We depend on our eyes so much but how much do you truly know about your eyeballs? Here are some interesting facts about all things related to your eyes.
- 1Although newborns cry, their tear ducts don’t start working until they are 4-13 weeks old. So much for being a cry baby.
- 2According to the Huffington Post, the average person blinks between 15 to 20 times a minute. That’s up to 1,200 times per hour and a whopping 28,800 times in a day.
- 3Although issues with vision are scary, most issues are curable or completely avoidable.
- 4Heterochromia iridum is not an exotic name but a difference in the coloration of the iris and sometimes of the hair or skin.
- 5It is said that looking into someone’s eyes are the windows to the soul. Where that expression originates from, no one really knows.
- 6According to multiple sources (including Wikipedia), the first pair of eye glasses were crafted in Italy at about 1286.
- 7The inventor of bifocals was none other than Benjamin Franklin, who suffered from both myopia (nearsightedness) and presbyopia.
- 8People who wear non-prescription eye frames are called hipsters.
- 9According to CBS, more than 6 in 10 people wear glasses or contact lenses.
- 10A real blink of an eye takes 300 to 400 milliseconds. Since there are 1000 milliseconds in each second, a blink of an eye takes around 1/3 of a second.